- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Blackened Seasoning
- Preheat grill to high heat and place cast iron on the grill to preheat, or you can place chicken directly on grill. Pan needs to be very hot.
- Pound each chicken breast down to about 1/2 inch thickness - they will cook a little faster if they are thinner.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt butter and add spices.
- Coat each chicken piece in the butter/spice mixture and place directly into the hot cast iron pan. There is no need to coat the pan with cooking oil. The quick cooking and high heat should prevent sticking if your cast iron is properly seasoned.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until outer mixture is charred and chicken is cooked through. There should be a lot of smoke during the cooking process.
- Be EXTREMELY careful handling the pan on the grill - use very thick oven mitts or hot pads when handling the pan. Allow pan to cool completely before moving it to another surface.